Unregistered and illicit firearms
An illegal gun is a dangerous gun.
That’s why we have partnered with the Australian Government to;
- raise awareness and understanding of the very significant dangers posed by use and theft of unregistered firearms;
- encourage and empower the community nationally to share information relating to the use, possession and trade of illegal guns to Crime Stoppers
- educate the community about the consequences of being in possession of an illegal gun, and the penalties applied;
- encourage Australians in possession of an unregistered firearm to hand it in or register it during the amnesty;
- remove illegal guns from the community through their destruction or sale/registration.
Crime Stoppers jurisdictions across Australia are encouraging people to do the right thing for themselves and their families, by safely reporting illegal guns.
If you know someone who has an unregistered firearm or firearm-related item, they will still be able to surrender it to a police station anonymously and without penalty.
Find out more about our campaign here.
Your safety is our priority, so if you know something about an illegal gun you can tell Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a tip online from our homepage.